I know, it’s Monday and technically I’m posting this late. And I realise that one of my highlights from the week actually happened today. It’s because it’s Auckland Anniversary weekend, and I kind of lost track of the days – oops!
1. I kickstarted my week with an amazing shoot with the gorgeous Dani McAllen from dani just is – she’s a total babe and super fun to shoot with, so we had loads of fun creating so fab images … that I can’t share with you just yet. But hold on to your britches, because she is definitely worth the wait (and I’m hoping to include a whole post about her soon).
2. Summer fruit is where it’s at. I’m going crazy for fresh fruit salad at the moment, and this is how I kick off most days – with a bowl of whatever tasty fruit I have on hand. My fave fruit is definitely nectarines right now, how about you?
3. I bought some exercise pants (because it’s not really practical to exercise in a skirt, and no matter how hard I try I can’t get past the “tights are not pants” thing), and have made a commitment to make the time to go walking for at least 30 minutes a day, every day in February. I’ve also started doing an amazing (yet totally brutal for someone so unfit) leg and core workout – I feel like jelly once I’m done, but it’s also such a good feeling! Feel the burn!
4. I had the pleasure of having my make up done by Cassie Ace, an extraordinary make up artist that I’m proud to also call one of my besties. I don’t often have my make up done by a professional, but when I do it’s a real treat! Cassie, you made me look and feel like a princess, thanks so much!
5. It was my friend Allie’s birthday over the weekend, and I gave her this super cute card from Typo - they have gorgeous cards for every occasion there, so I actually stocked up and got a few for upcoming events.
6. Long weekend, baby! I know I work from home and am actually working on a public holiday, but I’m taking a much more relaxed approach today. I spent the morning at St. Leonard’s Bay, frolicking in the waves and enjoying the occasional glimpse of sunshine.
I hope you’ve had a wonderful week!
© Meagan Kerr 2013